Thomas Deacon Academy strives to ensure that every child feels a sense of belonging and has the opportunity to achieve their best, whatever their background or ability.
The Academy is divided into six Colleges of about 370 students. This provides support within an environment where the needs of every child are known by their College Leader and their progress is closely monitored by their tutor. The College is the focus of the relationship between the Academy and you as a parent. Each child is assigned to a College but will be taught in and have access to the facilities in all Colleges.
The College System:
- All Junior College and Main Academy students are allocated a place in a tutor group of about 22 students of all ages from 11-18 years.
- The College is the home base for our students to which they return daily to see their tutor.
- Our students can be supported by older mentors within the College and be positive role models for younger students.
- They can have their views heard through the College Council which is chaired by the Head Girl and the Head Boy.
- There is competition between the Colleges through sport, music, quizzes and other activities.
- The College is the home of i-Connect - a unique tutor group programme of personal development.
Please Contact Us if you require further information