Subject Leader - Religious Education
- Contract: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: L01n - £41,393
- Site: Thomas Deacon Academy
- Closing date: Thursday 25 January 2018
- Interviews: Wednesday 31 January 2018
- Start: April 2018
Are you ambitious and driven to succeed?
Are you passionate about RE?
Do you have a proven track record of subject improvement?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity for either an experienced leader or someone looking for their first leadership role. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, inspirational and can lead the ambitious RE department through all key stages. The successful candidate will be accountable for leading, managing and developing all aspects of educational provision within the subject and be able to take the department on their journey. The RE department is part of Humanities and is made up of one Subject Leader (advertised position) and 4 RE teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school within one of the well-regarded Trusts in the eastern region. The school has a great history of success and a bright and exciting future and we are looking for an ambitious and dynamic leader to steer it through the next stage of its development.
Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how the schools within Thomas Deacon Education Trust work together. With a clear focus on leadership at all levels, the Trust is well placed to provide great opportunities to promote Thomas Deacon Academy as a leading school and you will be given effective support to develop you personally as an outstanding leader.
The Trust offers:
- excellent salary package.
- fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
- opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
- use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
- Teachers’ pension scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- an engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
- an inclusive and collaborative approach.
- a talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
- an actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply please click on the Vacancies page of our website www.thomasdeaconacademy.com where you will be directed to the application page.
Visits to the Academy are welcomed and will be held on the following dates and times.
Friday 19 January 2018
If you have any questions regarding this post please contact the HR Team on 01733 426063 or e-mail email@example.com.